This mushroom pasta with goat cheese, fresh herbs and lemon is a quick and easy dinner recipe tastes like it took all day to make.
There are recipes that taste good…and then there are recipes that taste amazing. And sometimes, that amazing flavor doesn’t take much effort at all. Such is the case with this mushroom pasta with goat cheese! It is so seriously good, it’s one of my favorite things that has come out of our kitchen. It pairs savory mushrooms with bright lemon, creamy goat cheese, and fresh thyme and oregano. And it’s done in less than 30 minutes. Boom! Mushroom lovers: you’re not going to know what to do with yourself.
Well, we think so! This recipe was inspired by a mushroom pasta that I had at a restaurant. But here, Alex and I decided to add soft goat cheese, lots of fresh herbs, leafy greens, and a hit of lemon. And the result was pretty perfect. The pasta is smothered with creamy goat cheese, the mixed mushrooms are sauteed with fresh thyme and oregano until they’re super savory, and there’s a pop of fresh lemon to round it off.
This mushroom pasta with fresh herbs, goat cheese and lemon is a quick and easy dinner recipe tastes like it took all day to make.
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta (farfalle)**
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms (such as baby portabella, shiitake, and oyster)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh thyme and oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups baby greens: baby kale or spinach
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 to 4 ounces soft goat cheese*
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cook the pasta in heavily salted boiling water until al dente. Pro tip: Set the timer for a few minutes less than the package instructions and then taste: the pasta should be just done, still with some firmness. The pasta should also taste salty from the salted water. Drain the pasta and save out 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms, then slice them. Chop the herbs.
- In a saute pan or skillet, heat the olive oil to medium high heat and cook the herbs, mushrooms, and several pinches of kosher salt together for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are cooked and tender, reduce heat to low, add lemon juice, greens and few more pinches of kosher salt. Cook for about 2 minutes until greens are wilted but bright green. Add the Parmesan cheese and pasta water and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add the drained pasta into the mushrooms. Add fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste. Use your fingers to break off crumbles of the goat cheese and add it to the pasta; stir them in if desired. Serve immediately.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/mushroom-pasta-with-goat-cheese