Toner is costly. There’s no way around it. But there’s a few techniques you can implement to keep some of that money in your pocket. The next time your printed documents start looking more grey than black, try our top five money-saving tips.
- Purchase Compatible Cartridges. Instead of buying genuine manufacturer toner cartridges, give compatible ones a try. These cartridges are made to the same specifications, but are developed by third-party manufacturers. So you still get the same quality, but at a much lower cost.
- Shop Online. Because online shops don’t require costly storefronts or associated overhead, these companies typically discount products below that of your local office supply shop. So you can usually get a much better deal online.
- Buy a Toner Refill Kit. You can typically save up to 70 percent on toner and cartridges by using a toner refill kit. These kits include all the guidelines and tools you need to refill toner cartridges yourself.
Using a refill kit, consumers can typically get up to three refills before ever having to buy a new cartridge.
- Use a Mall Kiosk. If you don’t want to refill your toner or ink on your own, you can still save money by using a mall kiosk. They may be able to refill your printer cartridge for you at a reasonable price.
- Buy in Higher Quantities. Some companies offer discounts on bulk purchases. So stock up and save.
If you’re diligent enough to shop around and use some wise alternatives, your toner and printing expenses can be markedly reduced.
There are some more savvy money saving tips over here on this blog. Do you have any tips to share? Please comment below.